Friday, June 13, 2008

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the confused moviegoer


This photo is from the shoot i had with Paige a few weeks ago. It went pretty good and i got some pretty good pics of her. After my parents shipped my yukata from back home i could finally use it for something useful. So we went down to a little local/pond not far from here and took some pics. I used my old Nissin flash this time which went pretty good. Paige was really good and for this shot i asked her to look furious in a subtle way which i think came out pretty well haha. I dont think the colours come out as good as they are supposed to be when i make it into a jpg and upload it on blogger, but its supposed to be pretty colorful anyway.

Yesterday me and some friend went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Björn, Cathrine and Marcus pickd me up in their nice pimpmobile (family wagon) and we went off to Morley Galleria to see it. It seems like not many people in Perth actually order tickets when they go to the movies, coz we were almost the only ones who stood in that cue while maybe 20-30 people tood in the other cue for people who hasn't booked a ticket. Anyway, we got our tickets and i could feel the excitement kicking in. I was gonna see Indiana Jones for the first time in my life, in a cinema! Amazing! So we walked towards the ...saloon? (the big frikkin room where they show the movie) :p when i suddenly heard: Sir, excuse me, you have a ticket?

I turned around and saw all my friend laughing and i then understood that i had something to do with it. i had walked right past the ticket guy without even noticing my friends standing in line waiting to get their tickets checked. What a noob i was and what an embarrassment to the Cinema Gods. I showed him the ticket and excused myself, i must have looked really confused but it didn't matter. I was in Indiana Jones-land :)

I had waited to see this for years and now, the moment was here. I had heard some bad reviews of it so back in my mind i tried to keep my expectations down and just hoped for a fun little adventure. But what i got was the complete opposite...

We entered the cinema and it was almost empty, weheeird. But we had great seats, right in the middle. It took almost 20 minutes before they actually started the movie but by then i was still really excited. Actually, I relived my entire childhood of watching the old ones for the first time, i got one of the greatest adventure movies ever! Yes, for me it was that good even though i can see many flaws with it i really liked it and it gave me exactly what i was out to get. Adventure, humor and alot of well executed action scenes by one of my fave directors, mr Spielberg :). Thanks!

No comments: