Thursday, September 11, 2008

Say More..

"J'ai besoin de Paris"

The picture below inspired me to do draw this ^^. I also got inspired by these movies; Tatt Av Kvinnen (Gone with the woman), Paris Je T'aime and Amelie from Montmartre which i really recommend. All are set or have scenes in Paris where I very much would like to go to and sometime in the future, stay for a longer while. I was there when i was younger but I didnt really appreciate it back then. The sixth person in the portait in the drawing is my dad who took the photo below. The whole thing is a tribute to my family and the future, whatever that might have in store for me and them :). Unfortunatley my grandparents passed away a many years ago, but dang, i really miss them alot. Especially when i was started doing this picture coz then i had a dream about my grandad:

Me and my dad were cleaning out stuff from their old apartment after they had passed away. I walked into the living room and suddenly fell flat down on my face after tripping on something. Exactly when i hit the floor the sealing light turned on by itself. My dad came to the living room and wondered what had happened. I told him that i just tripped on something and that the light turned on by itself. Then he tries to turn it of but it doesnt work, he tries several times but it just doesnt turn off. I look forward and see my grandparents bed in the livingroom, which of course wasnt there in reality. I could also see imprints on the bed, as if two people were laying in the bed. I ask my dad if he can see the imprints and he can, he tells me that we should go.

After that we are in the hallway of the apartment. Someone knocks on the door, my dad opens and he sees someone who makes him very happy, he goes towards that person and hugs him/her. I suddenly see someone in the corner of my eye, a figure standing behind the wall into the livingroom. I get scared when the figure slowly dissapears behind the wall. But then appears again and its my granddad. He wears his grey trenchcoat he used to wear in the winters and walks into the hallway. He sits down besides me, i say: oh cool trenchcoat! He says: (in swedish) you were a little (in english) into fashion haha. I say: yeah haha... :O END.

A really good dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gud va fint, du e så duktig.

Anonymous said...

Martin-

This was a cool blog! Dreams are always so crazy and interesting. That's a really cool picture! Keep it up! :)

Martin Rinman said...

thanks Ems! and thanks paige :)