Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kanashibari

Pencil sketch, Ballpoint pen. "Swan".

Well I'm not sure what to write. But I guess I could write about this weird dream I had a few days ago. I had another sleep paralysis dream which was really terrifying. For those who don't know what is it, don't worry, hold your horses, I'm gonna explain it first.

A sleep paralysis is when your mind wakes up from your deep sleep, called REM-sleep. But your body is still in sleep-mode. And when you're sleeping your body is somewhat paralysed to keep you from kicking and playing out all your dreams while lying in bed. But anyway, so your mind wakes up so you can see and hear and everything. It's like being awake, buuuuuuut the terrifying thing is, you cant MOVE! Your paralysed and cant move a muscle. What you can do though, is still be dreaming, hallucinate and everything that involves dreaming. So think about that for a second. Your awake, your dreaming up stuff but you cant move!

So back to my dream. I woke up and I was lying there in bed on my side and I was so certain that someone was behind me. I could here something and in the corner of my eye I saw this short blue-ish over-weight scary looking kid who was slowly moving closer to me. So of course I try to turn over and see what the hell is going on. But my sleeping body wouldn't move a bit and I got terrified and started to panic. I tried to scream but nothing would come out and he got closer and closer. When he was just next to me I started to wake up from the dream but my mind was still in panic-mode so tried to scream and finally I could get out a big NOOOO!! (but in Swedish) and at that moment I could also turn over and saw that there was nothing there, of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEEEEEEJJJJJ!
what a freaky dream!! You know, they say (the dream experts say) that every thing/object/person you encounter in a dream is actually a reflection of you?

What were you doing scaring yourself now, MR?!

:)

Anonymous said...

and P.S That is a cool red swan!!!

Anonymous said...

It is a really cool swan! I can even see the ruffle of the feathers. At first I thought it had a sort of evil Angelina Jolie gaze, but at second glance, I'd say it has more of a firm, regal and almost kind look of a queen.

Omg I get that sleep paralysis thing too! I hate it, and when you try to move it like you're screaming in your mind.

I wonder why the kid in your dream was blue-ish...and overweight... From a movie, perhaps? Or. Hm. Were you mean to an overweight child? Did you steal his chocolate bar? *raised eyebrow*

Martin Rinman said...

Lisa - Haha yeah, well im not disagreeing there. The blue fat kid is probably me :p Thanks :) Im colourising it now a bit.

Lydia - thanks :) haha I like your interpretation of it. It is actually a black swan but it ended up being a fantasy red one :p. But Angelina Jolie is a queen almost so its a good comparison ;) haha.

Yikes, you get that too? It can be really scary. But one time I had a really calm one coz it was my grandmother who sat on my bed behind me and she like put an hand om my head like she was trying to calm me down coz i was a bit scared int he bginning buut coz i had read about sleep paralysis a few weeks before that i was aware that it was happening. so anyway, i got really calm when she did dat and i fell back to sleep. And this could be just a coincident, but she passed away a few days before that in thailand. It felt like she was saying goodbye or something :).

haha no i havent stolen anything from any overweight kid :p.....

Anonymous said...

Coincidence, but also not really either... Life can be really unpredictable - but hey, what you said just shows how the human touch, and intuition, can never be underestimated :-)