Thursday, November 19, 2009

Back home again


Three finished paintings and the original to my intervention of an old painting. I wish I had had more time on them but I had to finish all my school work a week earlier as I was going home to Sweden earlier and at the same time finding a new apartment and dealing with other a lot of other crap.

But, finally, I'm back in Sweden! Yesterday I came home from Dalarna where Caroline lives after a few days of total relaxation and fun fun fun! We had a Harry Potter-marathon (1-5) as the latest movie isnt out on dvd yet. But it's awesome, I was lucky enough to see it on the plane here as I had missed it when it played in the cinemas. I also borrowed the first book and it's actually, really good :D. We also met her friends and had a nice double date dinner haha :). But it was really nice actually and I had Taco pie for the first time in my life :p When Caroline was working me and Bastien (the cat) had a guys night, watched some movies, played with his toys and just chillaxed a bit. Talked about life and everything, it was nice!
.

4 comments:

L. said...

Aww so sweet about the time with you and Caroline! Glad to hear you're back home and things are good :D
Love the paintings, especially the one you painted over. It looks sci-fi now. Your interpretation?? Am I reading it right?

By the way! Me and Lydia ordered your book bout 2 weeks ago, patiently awaiting its arrival now! :) hurrah!

Martin Rinman said...

thanks :) yeah we had a good time. will be going back there in a week or so.

Yes its very sci-fi :D. Ive also included a swedish roadstop house who makes hot dogs and hamburgers haha. Just had fun with that one.

Oh wow u did :D im so glad!!! Just looked and yes they should be on their way to ur house :). U are the first ones to order! I will sign them next time we'll meet :).Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

The family pictures are lovely! It's always nice to look back and get all nostalgic.
Ah. Good old days.

Glad to hear all is going well for you back home in Sweden! I think you and Caroline should plan a trip to Singapore or something. And get Gordon to come back! Yes. All in favour, say AYE!

PS: Brilliant song you posted! I'm going to look for the CD at HMV here. Oh hey, have you heard of The Kills? Different genre, but they're pretty awesome! Youtube 'Sour Cherry' or 'Tape Song'

Martin Rinman said...

It totally is :)

Oh I wish! maybe for next summer :). Would be so awesome, with u guys being there and all. And singapore has somr really cool stuff i wanna check out, like some architecture stuff and clothing stores. AYE!

I checked out The Kills - U R A Fever, and it was really coool! Its a favourite now :P Im gonna listen to the songs u wrote also! thanks!