Thursday, October 22, 2009

Presque vu


There have been almost only updates about my porfolio or artwork lately. So I'm gonna write something different. Something about myself maybe? Well I'm 25 years old and.. :p..

nah something else! I love to read a lot. With this new invention called "the internetz" it's so easy to find odd and interesting stuff to read about. There's so much stuff out there that is just waiting to be found and read. So much stuff you wouldn't have any clue about if you weren't a millionare and could travel to every bit of space on our small planet called Urrfh. I can spend hours of finding these unusual articles and Wikipedia entries. So recently I've been reading through this entire list of people gone missing since the year 1021. It¨s really interesting and a bit sad but the interesting stuff takes over the sad part. Don't know why but I'm fascinated with people who've disappeared mysteriously. Some highlights:

1587

  • The Roanoke Colonists, comprising 117 men, women, and children, were recruited by Walter Raleigh to establish the first permanent English colony in the New World. Soon after arriving at Roanoke Island on 22 July 1587 they petitioned their governor, John White, to return to England for supplies. White left on 28 August of that same year, expecting to be gone for less than three months, but was unable to return to the Roanoke Colony (later also known as The Lost Colony) until 18 August 1590, when he found the settlement abandoned.[7] The fate of the colonists (including White's granddaughter Virginia Dare, the first child of English parents to be born in the Americas) has never been determined; the Lost Colony DNA Project and others continue to investigate "...the biggest unsolved mystery in the history of America" to this day.[8]

1900

1925

  • Percy Fawcett (58), British archaeologist and explorer, together with his eldest son Jack and friend Raleigh Rimmell, were last seen travelling into the jungle of Mato Grosso in Brazil to search for a hidden "city of gold". Several unconfirmed sightings and many conflicting reports and theories explaining their disappearance followed, but despite the loss of over 100 lives in more than a dozen follow-up expeditions, and the recovery of some of Fawcett's belongings, their fate remains a mystery.[18]
And so it continues! It's fascinating, inspiring and a good timewaster, I might aswell learn something while I'm cruising the webs.

I'm thinking about starting a new blog called ** *** ** *** ******. To gather stuff like that and cool tech news, inspiring places around the world, space stuff, nerdy news and plain inspiring pics, news and texts. I really want to show people how cool the world actually is. But the thing that's holding me back is time. Maybe it could be a good summer break project?

What else, oh yeah, I've also made a picture archive with old sci-fi/movie character pictures :D. Why you might ask yourself? Why NOT? It's funny :) And yes I do plan to put then to good use (in the new blog actually).

That's how I roll! See you on the interwebs people!

No comments: